Cider Ridge Golf Club features an impressive 18-hole layout bordering the Talladega National Forest and Talladega Mountains. It’s also situated at the base of Alabama’s tallest mountain – Mt. Cheaha. This award-winning golf course was designed by Alabama-based Bill Bergin of Bergin Design, who managed to incorporate a wide range of the central Alabama terrain in the 6,976-yard design.
The front nine at Cider Ridge plays similar to a traditional parkland style course with tree-lined fairways,100-year-old majestic oaks, and streams including the Choccolocco Creek. The back nine offers many rolling hills, dramatic elevation changes, mountain vistas, dense hardwood forests, and water features including the Little Hillabee Creek and natural waterfall which exists on the signature hole(#12) to this day.
In fall of 2010, the golf course underwent a one million dollar restoration. As part of the restoration, improvements were made to the course drainage and sand bunkers, along with the repairing of concrete carts paths and construction of asphalt cart paths. New maintenance procedures were implemented which dramatically improved overall course conditions and greens resulting in rave reviews from local and regional golf publications in the spring of 2011.
Awards & Accolades
Since the restoration, Cider Ridge has become widely known as one of Alabama’s best golf courses. Some of the more recent awards and accolades include:
- Golfers’ Choice 2021: Best golf courses in Alabama GolfAdvisor.com
- Golfers’ Choice 2020: Best golf courses in Alabama GolfAdvisor.com
- 10 Best Public Courses in Alabama by Best Things Alabama 2019
- Top Courses in Alabama by GolfAdvisor.com 2019
- Top Courses in Alabama by GolfAdvisor.com 2018
- Top Courses in Alabama by GolfAdvisor.com 2017
- Top Courses in Alabama by GolfAdvisor.com 2016
- Top 10 Courses in Alabama by GolfAdvisor.com 2015
- Top Rated Outdoor Activity in Oxford, Ala. by Trip Advisor 2017
- Top 50 Courses Under $50 by GolfAdvisor.com
- Top 5 in Overall Customer Satisfaction by National Golf Foundation
- Voted No. 1 Course in Calhoun County